- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- Spray or brush a 9×13 inch baking pan with a little oil, and spread batter evenly in pan.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is no longer shiny and checked for doneness by poking with a toothpick or cake tester (toothpick should be clean). Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.