- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup milk, room temperature
- ½ cup packed all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter (plus more at the end-optional)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- maple or pancake syrup, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425º Fahrenheit.
- Whisk eggs for 30-40 seconds, add milk, flour, vanilla extract, and salt and continue to whisk until batter is smooth.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to a 10-inch cast-iron, oven proof skillet or pie dish and transfer to oven for 3-5 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and pour batter into the center of the hot skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Brush with 1 tablespoon butter, and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve with optional toppings, if desired. Enjoy!
- Optional Toppings:
- Caramelized Apples
- Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Fruit
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream