- coarse sea salt, for the rim of the cocktail glass
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice, plus wedges for garnish
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- splash of sparkling water or sparkling lemonade
- grapefruit slice or wedge, for garnish
- Salt the rim of the cocktail glass by rubbing a grapefruit wedge around the edge and dipping it onto a small plate of salt or tajin seasoning.
- Mix the tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and a few ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Shake, shake, shake, and strain into serving glasses with new ice. Adjust sweetness to taste. Top with a splash of sparkling water/lemonade, garnish with a slice of grapefruit and serve immediately. Drink + enjoy!