- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, and peeled (do not skip this step)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 medium garlic clove, or 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- splash of cold water, if needed to thin hummus
- olive oil, for serving
- paprika or sumac, for dusting
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the chickpeas, tahini, ice cubes, garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Process until the mixture is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the food processor or blender, and blend until the mixture is super creamy, about 4 minutes. Add cold water, if necessary, for a thinner hummus. Taste, and adjust salt and lemon juice, to taste.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl, cover surface with plastic wrap, and let it rest for at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use. Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Create a well in the center, using the back of a spoon. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle paprika or sumac. Enjoy!