Plátanos en Tentación (Caramel-Glazed Sweet Plantains)￼
Plátanos en Tentación (Caramel-Glazed Sweet Plantains)
- 4 tablespoons butter divided, at room temperature
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 ripe sweet plantains, peeled
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick, cut into 9 pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly on the inside of a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Place the whole plantain pieces in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of sugar mixture over the plantains. Pour the wine and maple syrup over the plantains, and gently stab each plantain with 3 small pieces of cinnamon stick. Sprinkle with the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar, the cinnamon, and salt. Dot small pieces of the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over the plantains.
- Bake uncovered for 50 to 60 minutes or until the plantains are fork tender and golden brown.
The white wine can be replaced with brandy, Madeira wine, or rum. Enjoy!