- ½ pound fresh sushi-grade loin, skinless
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Olio Piro
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Wrap salmon tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the salmon against the grain into very thin slices. Place on serving platter and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a small skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the capers and fry for 30-40 seconds. Transfer the capers to a paper towel–lined plate. Pour the oil into a small bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley to the bowl with the caper oil and whisk until the dressing is emulsified.
- Arrange the red onion slices and capers on top of the salmon and drizzle with the dressing. Season lightly with flaky salt and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!