- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Stir Fry:
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely minced or grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup unsalted dry-roasted whole cashews, slightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, optional
- In a large bowl, add chicken, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and salt + pepper. Coat chicken evenly. Set aside until ready to cook.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine; set aside.
- Stir Fry:
- Heat 1½ tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet used for the chicken, add remaining oil and sauté bell peppers 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, cook 20-30 seconds. Add the chicken back in the pan. Stir sauce and mix well until fully combined. Simmer over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Finish off with green onions, cashews and a little drizzle of sesame oil. Enjoy!