- ½-1 Haas avocado
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon flaky sea salt, plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1-2 slices whole 5-grain bread
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch everything bagel seasoning or sesame seeds
- Optional Toppings:
- pickled onions, crumbled feta, fried egg, cucumbers, pea sprouts…
Slice avocado; add lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Toast bread, drizzle a little olive oil, and avocado slices. Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes, bagel seasoning or seeds and finish off with topping of choice. Add a little more olive oil over the loaded toast.
Quick Pickled Red Onions: 1 red onion- thinly sliced, 1 cup rice vinegar, ⅓ cup granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Place onions in a tall mason jar or container with a tightly fitted lid. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, and salt. Pour liquid over onions. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.