- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur, optional
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, orange juice, water, brown sugar, vanilla, Cointreau, and salt. Set over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce heat medium-low. Let simmer about 10 – 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have burst and sauce has reduced slightly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in orange zest. Allow mixture to cool about 20 – 30 minutes to thicken up slightly. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container. Enjoy!