Ensalada de Aguacate con Berro y Piña (Avocado, Pineapple, and Watercress Salad)￼
Ensalada de Aguacate con Berro y Piña (Avocado, Pineapple, and Watercress Salad)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- ½ fresh orange, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 bunches fresh watercress
- 1 large Florida avocado or 2 Hass avocados, cubed
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, orange juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of dressing over the watercress and toss to coat. Transfer watercress to a serving platter, and top with the avocado, pineapple, radishes, and onion. Drizzle with more dressing to taste.
For extra depth of flavor sear the pineapple chunks in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. The dressing can be made up to 3 to 4 days in advance. Store in the refrigerator. Make this a complete meal by adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or steak to the salad.