Amaretto Poached Pears￼
Amaretto Poached Pears
- 2 Bosc pears peeled, cut in half (leaving stem intact), and cored
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 star anise
- In a large pot combine 3 cups water, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 cup amaretto, 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract, and 1 star anise. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut a parchment paper slightly smaller than the inside of the pot in which the pears will be poached. Make an X in the center, for the steam to escape. Add the pears to the poaching liquid and cover with the round parchment cutout pressing it slightly to touch the liquid and pears. This will help to keep the pears submerged in the liquid, which will prevent them from browning. Simmer until the pears are soft and easily pierced with a knife, 15-20 minutes or until they are translucent and easily pierced with a knife. The pears should be cooked, but not overcooked.
- Leave the pears in the poaching liquid for a couple of hours until ready to serve, or overnight. This will allow the pears to be completely infused with the flavored syrup.
- Drizzle poaching liquid over pears and serve as is, or with your favorite cream sauce or ice cream. Enjoy!