- 16 ounces milk and/or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- pinch kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- ¼ cup candy canes or peppermint candy, crushed
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper (letting the parchment hang over the sides).
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate with condensed milk and salt over low heat (constantly stirring with a rubber spatula- making sure chocolate does not burn). Remove from heat. Stir in peppermint extract (if using.) Immediately pour fudge into prepared pan and spread evenly (pounding pan a few times on counter top). Sprinkle candy all over and allow to set for 2 hours or until firm.
- Lift the parchment by the sides to remove the fudge from the pan and peel away the paper. Cut the fudge into 16 squares. Enjoy