- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1½ cups unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, corn syrup water and salt then bring to a boil over medium heat. Hook the candy thermometer to the inside of the saucepan.
- When the sugar comes to a boil (about 6 to 7 minutes) add the sliced butter. Stir to combine.
- Let the mixture come back up to a boil until it reaches 280°F. Then stir in the peanuts.
- Continue boiling the mixture until the candy thermometer reads 300°F.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the prepared cookie sheet and smooth it out.
- Let cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Yield: 14 Servings