- 8 fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, reserve lemon rinds for muddling
- 3 ounces limoncello
- ½ ounce simple syrup, homemade or store bought
- 2 ounces prosecco
- splash of club soda, optional
- lemon slice, for garnish
- Using a cocktail shaker, muddle basil leaves and squeezed lemon rinds. Add the limoncello, simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Strain limoncello mixture into an ice filled glass. Top with prosecco and club soda, if desired. Garnish with basil and lemon slice. Enjoy!