Masitas de Puerco Fritas (Fried Pork Chunks)￼
Masitas de Puerco Fritas (Fried Pork Chunks)
- 2 pounds pork loin or shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- lime wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, season the pork with vinegar and salt.
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot, add the seasoned pork, bay leaves and water and bring to a boil over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, partly covered, adding water as needed to make sure pork does not burn and occasionally stirring. Cook for 1½ 2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Heat the oil in the pan with the pork, add the onions and cook for 15 minutes, add water (1 tablespoon at a time) only if needed.
- Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy.