- ½ cup fine bulgur wheat
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2½ fresh lemons, juiced and divided
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 seedless cucumber, unpeeled, finely diced
- 5 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 3 bunches of fresh parsley (curly or flat-leaf), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the bulghur wheat in a large bowl, pour in the boiling water, the juice from 2 lemons, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir and cover; then allow to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Add cucumber, scallions, tomatoes, mint, parsley, and remaining juice from ½ lemon to the bowl with the bulgur wheat; stir well. Taste, and adjust salt and lemon juice if necessary. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!