General Tso’s Chicken￼
General Tso’s Chicken
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- oil for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, sugar and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken and ¼ cup cornstarch; toss to combine.
- Heat oil in a wok or heavy bottom pan to 350˚Fahrenheit. Gently add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack or paper towel-lined plate.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of oil. Add in the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 20 seconds making sure that it doesn’t brown too much.
- Add the chicken, and the sauce into the pan, and stir to combine. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with green onions, and sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Enjoy!