- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced or grated
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cup hummus homemade or store bought
- Optional Toppings:
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper and stir.
- Add chicken to the yogurt mixture and marinate for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to grill, prepare the grill by lightly oiling the grate with oil or cooking spray and set to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken, basting with the reserved marinade and turning often until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into cubes or slices.
- To assemble gyros, spread hummus on each pita bread and top with chicken and toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Notes: Chicken can be cooked in a skillet instead of a grill.