- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if needed, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, chicken, or turkey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoon taco seasonig, (homemade or store-bought)
- cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas, taco size
- 1 can (15 oz) refried beans
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
- 1½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Optional Toppings:
- chopped avocado, cilantro, green onions, and/or tomatoes
- Homemade Taco Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to sauté the vegetables for 20-30 seconds. Add ground meat of choice, breaking up into small pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain any excess grease from the meat (if using beef) and return mixture to the skillet. Add all of the taco seasoning and 3 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, and cook until lightly crisp, about 1 minute per side. Set aside and repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more oil, as needed.
- Place 4 crispy tortilla on prepared sheet pan. Spread about ¼ cup of beans evenly over the bottom of each tortilla. Top with taco meat. Place another tortilla over the top of the meat. Spread about 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce evenly over the tortilla. Sprinkle the cheese in an even layer over the top. Transfer sheet pan to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into 4 slices. Garnish with favorite toppings and serve. Enjoy!
- Taco Seasoning:
- In a small bowl, add all of the spices and mix to combine. Use right away or store in a container with a lid until ready to use.