Pumpkin Bread with Maple-Cream Cheese Filling and Streusel Topping￼
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread with Pecan Streusel
- Streusel Topping:
- ⅔ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ¼ cup cold butter, cut into bite size pieces
- Pumpkin Bread:
- ½ cup brown butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15- oz. can pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped nuts in a medium bowl. Add the butter and crumble it into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until there are no more flecks of dry flour and small crumbs form. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray or line with parchment paper a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until butter is bubbly and light golden brown with little brown bits on the bottom of pan (making sure not to burn), stirring occasionally, approximately 5-6 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and pumpkin puree and mix until smooth. Add the cooled brown butter, both sugars, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese with remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Set aside.
- Slowly the flour mixture in two separate batches to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Add remaining Stir until the flour has disappeared and no large lumps remain, without overmixing.
- Transfer half of the batter to the prepared pan. Dollop the maple-cream cheese over the batter, then evenly add the remaining batter. Sprinkle the chilled streusel over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!