Pulled Pork Sliders
Pulled Pork Sliders
Write a review
- 1 (5-7 pound) pork shoulder or Boston butt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ cups bbq sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 small head of purple cabbage, shredded with a mandolin or thinly sliced
- 1 cup dill pickle chips
- 12 pretzel buns (I buy Pretzilla brand sold at Whole Foods, each pack contains a packet of pretzel salt for bread topping)
- cole slaw
- fried or raw onion rings
- sliced jalapenos
- fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1¼ cups ketchup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon worchestire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Dry existing moisture off the pork really well with paper towel.
- Mix the paprika, garlic power, dry mustard, salt and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Rub the spice blend all over the pork.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place the pork in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Roast for 4 hours, remove foil and continue to roast uncovered for 2 additional hours.
- Allow pork to rest 10-15 minutes. Transfer warm pork to platter and pull meat into long shreds using 2 forks. Get rid of the fat and anything else that doesn't look edible. Toss the pork with pan juices and add salt to taste. Pour 1/2 of the bbq sauce on the shredded pork and mix well to coat.
- To assemble sliders, place pulled pork mixture onto the bottom 1/2 of a pretzel bun, and top with cabbage and pickles. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
- Whisk all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook over low heat until thickened. Stir occasionally, about 15-20 minutes.
- Allow sauce to cool to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container or jar. Will store in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
The Mad Table https://themadtable.com/