- 7 ounces wide dried rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 Thai chili (bird’s eye) or jalapeno peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1½ tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 green onions, cut in four pieces, each
- 1 cup fresh basil or Thai basil
Prepare noodles per packet directions.
Heat oil in wok or large heavy based skillet over high heat. Add garlic and chili and cook for 10 seconds. Add onion; cook for 1 minute. Add chicken (if using), and cook 3-4 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients until combined.
Add sauce, noodles and green onions to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce fully coats the noodles.
Remove from heat and immediately add basil, toss and serve immediately. Enjoy!