- 7 ounces wide dried rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 Thai chili (bird’s eye) or jalapeno peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1½ tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 green onions, cut in four pieces, each
- 1 cup fresh basil or Thai basil
- Prepare noodles per packet directions.
- Heat oil in wok or large heavy based skillet over high heat. Add garlic and chili and cook for 10 seconds. Add onion; cook for 1 minute. Add chicken (if using), and cook 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients until combined.
- Add sauce, noodles and green onions to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce fully coats the noodles.
- Remove from heat and immediately add basil, toss and serve immediately. Enjoy!