Chicken with Crispy Prosciutto and Mushrooms
Chicken with Mushrooms
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ lb sliced prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 ounces mushrooms cleaned and quartered
- 2 shallots chopped
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- fresh parsley or thyme, for garnish
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towels. Season well with salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook 5 minutes per side. Remove the cooked chicken to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook prosciutto 2-3 minutes per side or until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the pan and heat until melted. the mushrooms and cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes. Stir and turn the mushrooms and continue cooking until the moisture has evaporated, and the mushrooms are all golden brown.
- Add the shallots to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Pour the wine into the pan and scrape the bottom to deglaze. Add the thyme sprigs, cream, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Bring the sauce back to a light simmer and add the chicken. Heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and the chicken warmed through. Remove the thyme sprigs, and season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley or thyme and serve with mashed potatoes or pasta. Enjoy!