- 8 wooden skewers
- 16-18 whole white button or cremini mushrooms, wiped cleaned and de-stemmed
- 1 large red or white onion, cubed
- 4 large yellow squash/zucchinis’, sliced in rounds
- 4 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, green), seeded and cubed
- olive oil – for brushing,
- Chimiverde Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 15-30 minutes.
Skewer the vegetables by alternating between the different veggies. Brush skewers with a light layer of olive oil.
Preheat grill or large heavy pan to medium-high heat. Once the grill/pan is hot, add skewers and grill /cook for approximately 5-8 minutes per side, or until vegetables are just softening and browning around the edges.
To make sauce, place all ingredients except the oil in a blender. Blend until combined. With the motor running, slowly stream in oil.
Drizzle sauce over skewers. Transfer remaining sauce to glass jar and store in the refrigerator up to 5-7 days. Enjoy!