- 2 cups chicken/veggie broth or water
- 1 cup quick cooking polenta
- ½ cup grated parmesa
- 3 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- olive oil for brushing
- Line an 11×9- inch sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Bring broth/water to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan. Gradually add polenta, cheese, oregano, and salt. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until polenta begins to pull away from side of pan, 3-5 minutes. Transfer polenta to prepared sheet pan. Spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Chill, uncovered, until set, about 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler. Brush a sheet pan with oil.
- Unmold polenta, then cut into small rounds (for tots) or sticks (for fries). Transfer to oiled pan, brush tops with a little more extra oil and space evenly on baking sheet. Broil about 4 inches from heat until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!