- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup coquito or eggnog
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup guava marmalade, fruit sauce or jam, plus more for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12 muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, eggnog and butter until blended. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients; stir until moistened (without over mixing).
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter in bottom of each muffin cups. Drop 1 teaspoon sauce into center of each; top with remaining batter and marmalade. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm with extra marmalade (if desired). Enjoy!