Write a review
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion + 2 tablespoons, minced
- 2 cloves garlic + 2 tablespoons, minced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 cup cracker meal
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of black pepper
- ½ - 1 cup of all purpose flour
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2- 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup cooking wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- optional: 2 tablespoons parmesan and/or feta cheese
- Combine ground beef, 2 tablespoons of onions, 2 tablespoons of garlic, eggs, milk, cracker meal, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Shape into meatballs and roll in flour.
- In large pan, cook meatballs in canola oil until golden brown on all sides. Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- Wipe pan clean and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. On medium high heat, sauté remaining onions and garlic, and bell pepper until vegetables are soft. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar and wine. Cook sauce 5-6 minutes before adding meatballs to sauce. Simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!💟 *serve over pasta or white rice.
The Mad Table https://themadtable.com/