Chicken Parm Meatballs
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- bocconcini mozzarella cheese balls, approximately 30 small meatballs
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 26 ounce jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella or torn fresh burrata
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and salt + pepper. Roll mixture into 1½ inch balls. Insert a small mozzarella ball in the center of each meatball, reshape the meatball around the cheese, making sure the cheese is completely covered and not exposed. Roll the meatballs in panko breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat half of the oil in a Dutch oven or large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add the meatballs and brown on each side. Remove from the pan and transfer to a large plate or sheet pan. Wipe out any breadcrumbs from pan and heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Brown the remaining meatballs on each side. Remove from pan.
- Wipe clean the same pan used for the meatballs and pour all of the marinara sauce in the pan; add the meatballs and nestle in the sauce. Bake meatballs for 20 minutes sprinkling the mozzarella or burrata on top for the last 5 minutes of baking. Garnish with basil. Enjoy!