Cheesy, Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas
Cheesy Spinach Quesadillas
Write a review
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 large bag fresh baby spinach, chopped (I like removing my stems, but it's a personal preference)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, coarsely grated
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, softened
- sautéed mushrooms
- caramelized onions
- sun-dried tomatoes
- sour cream
- sliced avocado
- pico de gallo
- slices green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced jalapeño
- In large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute (making sure it doesn't brown). Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted, approximately 2-3 minutes. Mix in the cheeses and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- To assemble quesadillas, use 2 tortillas per quesadilla. Take first tortilla and place flat on surface, spread 1/4 cup of spinach mixture, top with 1-2 slices of chicken breast and cover with second tortilla. Brush lightly with softened butter. Repeat with next 6 tortillas.
- Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grill quesadillas 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to cutting board and cut each quesadilla in four wedges. Serve with topping of choice. Enjoy!
- *oozing cheese sauce in picture was for photo shoot purpose only.
The Mad Table https://themadtable.com/