SWEET POTATO BITES with HERBY GOAT CHEESE, MAPLE- BUTTER, POM SEEDS, HAZELNUTS + HONEY
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean, peeled (optional), and sliced into 1⁄4 inch rounds kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or sage, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick butter
- 1 ⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 ⁄4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts or pecans
- 1 ⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- honey for drizzling
- flaky salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
In a large bowl toss together the sweet potato slices, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay the slices out on the baking sheet in a single layer, drizzle the tops with a little more olive oil (if needed). Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10 minutes then flip them over and bake for another 8-12 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, combine goat cheese, milk, rosemary or sage, salt and pepper until smooth and fluffy.
Place butter in a small saucepan and melt (making sure not to brown or bubble). Add maple syrup and combine.
Spoon approximately 1⁄2 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture onto each sweet potato round. Drizzle as much maple butter as you like and top with pom seeds and a few chopped hazelnuts or pecans and then drizzle with honey. Season with flaky salt if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.