Carrot, Creamy Coconut and Ginger Soup
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce
- 2 cups chicken/veggie stock
- 1½ cups coconut milk
Melt butter in a large soup pot. Cook onions 2-3 minutes until translucent, add garlic, ginger and salt + pepper; saute 30 seconds. Add carrots and continue to cook about 8-10 minutes, stirring often.
Pour in stock, chili sauce and coconut milk; bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes until carrots are fully cooked.
Season with salt and pepper and garnish with thinly sliced raw carrots or fresh cilantro.