Oven Roasted Fish with Cannellini Beans and Green Olives
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- ⅓ cup green olives (I prefer castelvetrano)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fillets of halibut or any white fish
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut in slices
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or ½ red chili pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 cup baby kale, arugula or spinach
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add beans and olives to the bottom of an oven proof pan and carefully toss with salt, pepper, fresh garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Gently place fish on top; season with salt + pepper, white wine, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Top each filet with shallots, oregano, red pepper (if using) and lemon slices.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when pierced with a fork (undercooked fish will not pull up right away).
Remove from the oven. Add fresh greens and combine with beans and olive mixture. Finish off with remaining olive oil or melted butter.