- 3 cups mixed nuts, such as pecans, walnuts, almonds and cashews
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle or harissa powder
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 15 -20 sage leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon sea salt + plus more if needed
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the mixed nuts with maple syrup, sugar, olive oil, chipotle or harissa powder, 3 tablespoons rosemary, half the sage, salt and pepper. Roast the nuts for 25 - 30 minutes, until crisp but not too brown; stirring twice with a metal spatula or spoon to prevent nuts from clumping together.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with remaining rosemary and sage. Toss well and let nuts cool on the baking sheet. Taste for seasoning , add more salt if needed and serve warm or transfer to an airtight container. Store at room temperature.