Classic Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional granulated sugar for rolling
- About 35-38 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter + egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or fork , until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda + baking powder until dough forms.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place on parchment lined sheet pan; about 2 inches apart.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately press 1 milk chocolate kiss in center of each cookie.
Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the sheet pan, and then transfer to a cooling rack.