Creamy Zucchini Leek + Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups chopped leeks, white and light green parts (4 to 8 leeks)
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled white boiling potatoes, 8 small
- 3 cups chopped zucchini, 2 zucchini’s
- 1½ quarts chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Fresh chives or julienned zucchini, for garnish
Heat the butter and oil in a large stockpot; add the leeks, and sauté over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, zucchini, chicken stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil; then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cool for a few minutes and transfer to blender and cream soup. Transfer back to stockpot; add the cream and season to taste. Serve hot, garnish with chopped chives and/or zucchini.