Asian Style Pulled Chicken with Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1½ pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons water
- Optional Garnishes: cilantro, chopped peanuts, green onions, pineapple chunks, sesame seeds, and sliced red chile peppers
In a large saucepan, add chicken, onion, garlic, oil, soy sauce, water, vinegar,sweet chili sauce, and nsaltb + peppe. Cover and simmer 45-50 minutes, turning once or twice.
Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from the saucepan and place on a cutting board. Shred chicken using 2 forks, removing any bits of fat.
Strain remaining sauce and transfer back to sauce pan. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water; add to sauce in pan. Simmer until it it thickens to a syrup consistency.
Add chicken and toss with sauce.
Garnish with favorite garnish and serve over rice, noodles or on buns.