- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber—halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 radish, very thinly sliced
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, basil, chives, dill or parsley
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 ounces cup apple cider vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 6 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
In a medium saucepan, bring 1¾ cups of water and salt to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer over low heat until all of the water has been absorbed, about 12 minutes. Uncover and let stand until cool, about 10 minutes.
Add avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes and mango to a large serving bowl. Add quinoa and toss with vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh green onions and fresh herbs. Enjoy!
In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, add all the ingredients. Seal tightly and shake to emulsify. Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.