- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large English cucumber—halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 radish, very thinly sliced
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, basil, chives, dill or parsley
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 ounces cup apple cider vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 6 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1¾ cups of water and salt to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and simmer over low heat until all of the water has been absorbed, about 12 minutes. Uncover and let stand until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Add avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes and mango to a large serving bowl. Add quinoa and toss with vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh green onions and fresh herbs. Enjoy!
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, add all the ingredients. Seal tightly and shake to emulsify. Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.