Pudin de Pan con Guayaba y Queso Crema (Guava and Cream Cheese Bread Pudding)￼
Pudin de Pan con Guayaba y Queso Crema (Guava and Cream Cheese Bread Pudding)
- 8 tablespoons butter, 1 at room temperature and 7 melted
- 1 pound (8 cups) cubed brioche bread
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 ounce guava marmalade
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- powdered sugar, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a 10-by-14-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of room-temperature butter.
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, combine the eggs, coconut cream, condensed milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Pour the custard mixture and the melted butter over the bread and stir to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Transfer half of the bread mixture to the prepared pan. Drizzle half of the guava marmalade and scatter half of the cream cheese. Add remaining bread mixture then add the remaining guava and cream cheese on top. With a fork, press lightly to help the bread absorb the top layer of the marmalade and cream cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until firm when pressed in the center. Finish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Enjoy!