Write a review
- 1 package ground pork (about ¾ lb)
- ½ small head Nappa cabbage, shredded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion, green part only
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 dashes white pepper
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients and blend well.
- To assemble the dumplings, spoon 1 teaspoon of the filling onto the center of the wrapper. Dip your index finger in a small bowl of water and moisten the outer edges of the wrapper. Fold the dumpling over, press and seal. Shape into a triangle or your shape of preference,
- Set up a pot with 2 inches of water in the bottom. Place a bamboo steamer or a basket on the pot and line with cabbage leaves to keep the dumplings from sticking. Arrange dumplings in the steamer making sure that they do not touch (cook dumplings in batches).
- Set over medium-high heat, cover and steam 12-15 minutes.
- While dumplings are steaming, combine all ingredients for dipping sauce.
- As soon as dumplings are done, serve immediately with the sauce.
The Mad Table https://themadtable.com/