Linguini with Clams, Mussels and Shrimp
Linguini with Clams, Mussels, and Shrimp
Servings 4 to 6
- 1 pound littleneck clams, cleaned
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup dry sherry wine (Tio Pepe is my favorite)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ fresh lemon, zested and juiced
- 12 ounces linguine
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander and save ½ cup of pasta water.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté 3-4 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 20-30 seconds. Season with red pepper flakes, salt + pepper. Add clams, mussels, shrimp, sherry, and lemon zest; cover and cook for 5 minutes (shaking the pan a few times during cooking).
Throw away any unopened clams or mussels. Add 3 tablespoons of butter and lemon juice. Add pasta water to thin out the sauce (if desired). Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and serve immediately over cooked pasta. Enjoy!