Camarones al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)￼
Camarones al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
- 1 pound large shrimp 21–25 count, peeled, deveined, patted dry
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- ½ fresh lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, season the shrimp with the salt and paprika. Toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes until it starts to turn light golden, making sure the garlic does not burn.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp. Sear for about 2 minutes. Pour in the sherry and continue to cook, stirring continuously, until the shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will make the sauce taste bitter