Shrimp Buddha Bowl
Shrimp Buddha Bowl
Write a review
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4-5 red and golden beets, washed, scrubbed and wrapped in individual foil bundles
- 1 cauliflower, remove leaves, cut-off core and break head into florets
- 2½-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (about 1½ cups)
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sunflower sprouts or greens of choice
- 1 cup cilantro pesto, chimiverde sauce or favorite dressing
- 1 red onion, sliced (fresh or pickled)
- ½ cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh grated carrots
- ¼ cup beetroot sprouts
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, smashed
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread all the veggies onto a large baking sheet (including beet bundles). Drizzle carrots, sweet potatoes and cauliflower with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt + pepper, toss to coat. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender, beets will probably take a little longer. Remove veggies from oven, allow to cool. When beets are cool enough to handle, cut thick end off and slip off skin and cut in quarters.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with ½ tablespoon olive oil, cumin, paprika and
- ½ teaspoon of salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Divide quinoa between bowls. Top with carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, cauliflower, shrimp, chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, avocado and greens. Add additional toppings if using and finish off with dressing.
The Mad Table http://themadtable.com/