Yield: 1½ Cup
Write a review
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-teaspoon course salt
- Heat sugar in saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Sugar will clump up and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter. Stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes. Very carefully not to burn, slowly add cream (mixture will rise in the pan as it boils). Stir a couple of minutes and remove from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon of course salt.
- Use a small hand colander to strain caramel into glass jar.
- Allow cooling and storing in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Caramel can be reheated before using. Enjoy
The Mad Table http://themadtable.com/