Write a review
- 6 ounces ground chorizo
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¾ pound white american cheese, finely chopped
- ¼ pound fontina cheese, finely chopped
- 1¼ cups half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- optional: chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and/or jalapenos for garnish
- In a medium skillet, sauté chorizo over medium-high heat until crisp. Add the onions to the same pan and cook 4-5 minutes, add garlic and cook 20-30 seconds making sure garlic does not burn. Transfer the chorizo mixture to a plate.
- Simmer half-and-half over medium heat in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low as soon as it starts to bubble. Add cumin, crushed red pepper flakes and stir, add cheeses in batches to the cream and spice mixture, whisking in between. Constantly whisking until you have a creamy consistency, approximately 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste (if needed).
- Serve queso dip immediately and top with ground chorizo or you can stir in the chorizo to the melted queso dip.
- Serve with a side of tortilla chips.
The Mad Table http://themadtable.com/