Yield: 1 cup
Write a review
- 5 ounces kale, chopped
- 1-2 ounces fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, or any other nut (I used pine nuts and almonds)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin oil
- Combine half of the greens with the nuts, cheese, cloves, and salt in a food processor. Blend continuously until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Blend in the rest of the greens. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the rest of the basil. Blend until a uniform paste has formed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Stream in the olive oil with the blender-running, stream in the olive oil. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue blending as needed until the olive oil is emulsified into the greens and the pesto looks uniform.
- Taste the pesto and add more salt, garlic, nuts, or cheese as needed to taste.
- Store in container and refrigerate! Enjoy
The Mad Table http://themadtable.com/