Brown Buttery Boozy with Optional Caramelized Banana Nut Bread
Brown Buttery Boozy (optional) Caramelized Banana Nut Bread
Yield: 8 Servings
Write a review
- 4 ripe bananas (2 mashed, 1 sliced in pieces and and 1 sliced lengthwise)
- 1½-cup bread flour
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup butter, softened + 2 tablespoons
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1-cup brown sugar
- 1-cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium size pan. Caramelize sliced banana pieces and banana halves. Transfer bananas to plate and reserve butter in pan until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg).
- In a larger bowl, add the 2 mashed and sliced caramelized banana pieces. Stir in the ½ cup softened butter, vanilla, sour cream, brown sugar, eggs, rum and combine until smooth. Add the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Add walnuts and pour batter into a greased bread pan and top with caramelized whole bananas.
- Bake approximately 50-60 minutes (depending on oven).
- Warm up reserved butter in pan and brush on loaf right before serving. Enjoy!
The Mad Table http://themadtable.com/